So Halloween is in 2 days. 2 DAYS. If you don’t have your costume yet, DON’T panick. Your girl’s got ‘ya covered. Here are 3 costume ideas that are super easy and cost less than $5 ! Enjoy 🙂 xx ( youtube.com/thexoallyy)
I’ve finally found a word for my style, and that is…………… GRUNGE. I just felt like I should tell you guys because I’m so proud of myself!! Lol. But anyway, today I decided to go for a comfy knit sweater crop top (that’s the best description I can think of ) and some high waisted shorts. One thing you should know about me is that I’m in LOVE with high waisted shorts. High waisted everything actually.. I’m super tall (almost 5’11) so they don’t make my legs feel so long and awkward, which I like. It’s pretty windy out so I decided to pair that with a flannel, but it’s also kind of hot so I put the flannel around my waist and added some retro heart sunnies. Then to tie it all together I wore some moccasins that are a bit close to my skin tone, because I didn’t want them to stand out.
Top: Forever 21 || Shorts: Zara || Sunnies: Hot Topic || Flannel: Forever 21 || Moccasins: Minnetonka
Have you ever lost a shirt? Or you thought you put you’re jeans in your drawer but then they turn up in your hamper? We’ve all been through it, and the struggle is real. I’ve managed to keep my closet somewhat organized though, and in this post I’m just gonna give you some tips and tricks that I picked up on, that you may not have tried already.
1. Divide your closet into different sections. One for shirts, one for skirts, one for jeans, etc. Or if you don’t have a closet, do the same thing with your drawers. Put different articles of clothing in separate drawers. For instance, I have a drawer for my underwear and socks. Then I have one for my bras and swimsuits. I recommend two different articles of clothing (at most) in one drawer just because if you put too much in there, then you would just end up back where you started. This will really help you know for sure where everything is, because all of the same things will be able to be found in one particular spot.
2. Get a shoe rack. You can get a shoe rack from anywhere really. Target, Wal-Mart, The Container Store, or anywhere else that sells home/storage stuff. The shoe rack will keep your shoes from being put into messy pile in the middle of the floor. If you don’t have the space for a shoe rack, you can get the shoe holder things from Bed Bath and Beyond that go under your bed. Those hold about 10 pairs of shoes and it fits flat under your bed, so if someone comes over, they won’t even notice it. I have one myself, but I mostly use it for holding the shoes that aren’t in season, or the shoes that I’m not wearing at the moment.
3. Put some shelves in. Shelves are the perfect thing for taking things off of the floor and out of your way. You can put anything you want to on those shelves. Whether it’s for display, or just for storage. You can put books on there, display souvenirs, I don’t know, anything!
4. Get some Ziploc airtight bags! Ziploc airtight bags are THE PERFECT THING for storing winter coats, spare bed sheets, excess pillows, teddy bears, absolutely anything. When you suck the air out of them (with a vacuum) they become almost completely flat, so you can stack them on top of each other in a corner of your closet, or a shelf! ( #3)
5. Keep Those Belts Out Of Your Way! Do you have loose belts everywhere? Get a belt hanger from any home store near you! ( I’m sure almost every home store sells belt hangers) If you don’t know what a belt hanger is or what it looks like, its basically a hanger with holes in it. Just gather up all your belts, stick them through the little holes, and place that hanger in the back of your closet and there you go! Out of your way.
I hope you guys found these little tips helpful, because they really helped me become more organized. Don’t forget to tweet me and tell me about your new and improved closet! I’d love to hear about it 🙂
So I decided to try something a little different with my style but not too, too different. My look is inspired by two movies, Clueless ( title) and Mean Girls. The skirt has lipstick details which reminded me of the Plastics in Mean Girls, and the retro crop top and jelly shoes were inspired by Clueless, because it’s an older movie. When I put this outfit together, those movies were the first two that popped into my head. This outfit is more on the girly side, which is kind of a contrast from my usual grungey type of style. It was sooo windy out as well so please don’t mind my hair in some of these pictures haha.
Top – American Apparel
Skirt – Pacsun
Shoes – Sunjellies
Well, this is my first blog post! I know it’s not the best but trust me, they’ll get a lot better. I had to post something because I’ve had this blog for sooo long. I just never posted anything to it yet. Just ran some errands today so I decided to go for a simple skater skirt and all black, and a nude bag with gold accents. Crop Top Skater Skirt Sandals Bag Sunnies